The Knowles Academy offers state-of-the-art professional development experiences for teachers. All Academy courses are designed and facilitated by experienced teachers who understand the complexities of teaching in today’s world.
Through this Knowles Academy course, teachers and school leaders will learn about different coaching techniques and how to apply them to bring about meaningful growth.
Implementing Teacher Coaching to Improve Classroom Practice and Student Learning
This sustained professional development course is designed to support administrators and teacher leaders who aim to provide instructional coaching to other teachers. Through this six-part online workshop* and ongoing coaching, teachers and school leaders will learn about different coaching techniques and how to apply them to bring about meaningful growth. This course will help school leaders provide coaching experiences that support teachers in improving their practice through the development of problem solving, self-reflection and meaning-making skills. Participants will become more closely acquainted with three coaching stances: Cognitive, Collaborative, and Consulting. Using these stances as a framework, participants will be able to develop specific coaching plans for a wide variety of teachers at all experience levels and contexts.
* Participants should expect two to three hours of asynchronous work between sessions.
- Understand the three different coaching stances: Cognitive, Collaborative and Consulting
- Recognize the three phases of the coaching process: Initiate, Implement, and Reflect
- Identify and collect data to support reflection and progress toward goals
- Practice and gain experience as an instructional coach
- Anticipate obstacles and resistance; formulate strategies to overcome
- Develop a way to transfer coaching skills to your setting
Implementing Teacher Coaching to Improve Classroom Practice and Student Learning (Online)
Dates: May 18, 2023; May 25, 2023; June 1, 2023; June 8, 2023; June 15, 2023 & June 22, 2023
Time: 7:30 to 9:30 pm EDT
Location: Zoom (link will be provided)
* Participants should expect two to three hours of asynchronous work in-between sessions
Optional graduate course credit is available ($375 for 3 credit hours)
Please note that courses are subject to cancelation if minimum enrollment is not met.
All Knowles Academy courses can be customized to meet the specific needs of schools and/or districts. Please use the below form to request information about custom services.